Do you know what the fastest yet secure way to access the New Jersey state Traffic ticket information and pay fines laid by the court is? If you weren’t aware of this before, let us tell you that NJMCdirect (New Jersey Municipal Court) is an online portal that allows you to pay your Traffic ticket from the comfort of your home.
Besides, there is a new update on the portal that helps to facilitate payments or viewing Municipal Complaint Time Payment Orders conveniently.
If the traffic department has ever penalized you for violating the traffic rules and regulations, you must know the pain of rushing to the court on a busy day for paying the fine or inquiring for the traffic violations. So today, here in this article, we are going to tell you how you can pay your Traffic ticket fines online on the internet and access the related information needed.
An Overview of using the NJMCDirect portal
- 1 An Overview of using the NJMCDirect portal
- 2 Steps To Be Followed For NJMCDirect Pay Traffic Ticket
- 3 About NJMCdirect
- 4 Conclusion
Admittedly, after reading this much, you are breathing a sigh of relief!
At last, the hassle of paying for your traffic ticket is going to be over. So, let us delve deeper and find out how to use the portal. Just navigate to the site www.njmcdirect.com at first. Generally, we are accustomed to seeing any such portals that accept payments to be operational 24/7 and a pro tip if you want to get a free chicken bucket, please go through www.mykfcexperience.com
But, NJMCDirect is a bit different. Look carefully, and you would be able to spot the online payment hours on the left-hand side. On your part, you should be ready with the essential documents which you have received from the traffic police of New Jersey that include the traffic ticket, ticket prefix, court ID, License plate number, and a ticket number.
NJMCDirect Pay Requirements
Paying your traffic fine using NJ Ticket Prefix Code is possible only when you meet the requirements of NJMCDirect Pay. The official portal will be accessible for payment after four days after the issuance of the ticket. Remember that you have to complete the NJMC ticket payments before the due date so that you need not pay the extra fine.
Below listed requirements are mandatory in order to process the traffic Ticket payment.
Traffic Ticket: The first and foremost thing you need is Traffic Ticket because it is the thing that acts a proof for processing the payment. The traffic ticket will be imposed on those who violate the traffic rules. It consists of Court ID, Ticket Number, and the type of traffic violation printed on it. To initiate the payment process, you need to have a valid traffic ticket. Make sure the ticket you have got is legal.
License Plate Number: The license plate number of your vehicle will be displayed on the drivers driving license, and it is another requirement for ticket payment. You can easily find the License plate number under the vehicle information.
Credit Card: If you are paying NJMC fines at the court, you don’t need to have a credit card. But we are talking about the online mode of payment, so you need to have a Credit Card. It is not mandatory to use a Credit card only; you can also use a Debit card to process the payment. NJMC direct pay accepts MasterCard or Visa Card so you can use any of them.
Laptop or PC or Mobile device: You can pay an NJMC ticket online while relaxing at home using a Laptop or PC or Mobile device. Note the Hours of Operation to pay your fines online.
Internet Connection: To visit the njmcdirect official website, you need to have an active internet connection connected to your device. Make sure that you don’t have any interruption while processing the payment. If there comes any issue while paying the amount, then you may not be able to get the confirmation of the payment.
There are some strict rules stated by NJMC direct that you need to adhere to if you want to get through the process without hitting a snag. You must read all the terms and conditions carefully before you head over the next section for paying bills.
The very first thing you need to keep in mind is that the traffic ticket should not be outdated and must be legal and substantial. However, NJMC direct helps you over late traffic payments issue as well. For viewing the traffic ticket that is more than 90 days old, you’ll be needed to contact the municipal court as it may no longer be available on NJMCdirect.
Steps To Be Followed For NJMCDirect Pay Traffic Ticket
Simply follow these steps:
- Once you have gone through the timings of the online payment on the online portal and have the necessary documents ready, click on the “Continue” button.
- On the following page, you will find the option to enter the information on the documents you have with you.
- After filling the necessary details, click on the “Continue” button.
- Now, you can choose your preferred method to pay the fine, for instance, credit card, debit card, or internet banking. If you want to know about the other modes of payment, you can take a look at the back of the ticket. It should contain all the necessary details about the various paying methods. That’s it, and your job is over.
After successfully paying for your traffic ticket on NJMCDirect, the transaction details for the fine will automatically get updated onto the municipal court database.
For the busy bees, here is the information on the timing when you can make the online payment:
Monday to Thursday between 7:30 AM and 11:45 PM (EST)
On Friday between 7:30 AM and10: 45 PM (EST)
On Saturday between 7:30 AM to 3:45 PM (EST)
On Sunday between 1:00 PM to11: 45 PM (EST)
NJMCDirect Customer Service Team – Contact Details
- Phone Number-973 284 4945
- Fax-973 284 4914
- Office Address-NJMC Public Safety Building, 2nd Floor, 228 Chesnutt Street
- NJMC Office Hours-Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM
Important points to keep in mind when using NJMCDirect
You also need to pay a convenience fee along with the fine. The convenience fee will be related to the fine amount. So, for example, if your fine amount is less than $40, accordingly, the convenience fee will be $1. Fine amounts between $41-87 will attract a convenience fee of $2.
Similarly, fine amounts within $88-200 and more than $200 need you to pay the convenience fee of $3 and $4, respectively.
Essential features of the NJMCDirect portal
- Safe and secure: In the present era, your private data is always at risk. However, you can be completely assured about the security and safety while using this portal. The site uses state-of-the-art encryption methods to protect your private data. You can be guaranteed your violation details are never going to be revealed to third-parties.
- The ease of paying: At last, the residents of New Jersey are free from the long and tedious processes to pay for their traffic tickets. You will not find a better alternative to pay your fine than njmcdirect.
- Quick and efficient: The overall procedure for making payments is speedy. The steps involved in making online payment are basically a child’s play. Your traffic ticket fine can now be paid within a few minutes.
- Flexible pay period: Just imagine the ordeal you had to go through previously. Even if you were ready to visit the court, you had to do so during the weekdays only. With this, you will be able to pay the fine on a daily basis as and when required. Just remember the timings when you can pay, and that is all.
Benefits of using NJMCDirect
- At the present day, nothing is more precious than time, with the help of njmcdirect you can certainly save a lot of time. The conventional method of paying for the traffic ticket required extended hours to get completed. Primarily, you had to visit a court to get the ticket and then stand in a queue in order to pay the fine.
- The developers of the njmcdirect portal have made the site extremely user-friendly. You need not be a tech-savvy person for using it.
- The introduction of this website has also been of considerable help to the courts. Now, the courts do not require appointing officers to collect the fine for a traffic ticket.
- The expenses incurred by the authorities for maintaining the portal is only a fraction in comparison to what it used to be earlier when such payments had to be made manually. Earlier, a lot of cases used to be pending in the courts. Understandably, the courts struggled to manage such a huge number of cases, as it was next to
impossible to hire so many judges to complete these pending cases. With the advent of this portal, the number of cases brought in the courts has receded considerably.
- Since all the payments processed using NJMCdirect is encrypted and well secured, you don’t have to worry about your card details and private data.
Paying online is a lot cheaper.
Hey! Are you fretting because you have to pay the convenience fees?
Don’t be upset. Just remember those days, when you had to make repeated visits to the court. The amount you spent was much more. The cost included as the convenience fee is going to be much cheaper.
Such people are rare who can resist the temptation of speeding on a highway. Similarly, you have inevitably been in a situation where you parked the car at the wrong place. In either case, you have been handed over a traffic ticket. A traffic ticket is a notice issued by the Law enforcement official (for violating traffic laws) that generally proposed in two forms – moving violation and parking violation.
As the term itself implies, “moving violation” occurs when any vehicle in motion breaks the traffic laws. Such as exceeding the speed limit, running a stop sign or red light, or driving when the road user is on drugs or alcohol. Whereas, the parking violation is a non-moving violation related to parking.
When you get issued a traffic ticket, it becomes mandatory for you to pay the fines before the due date to avoid further charges. Unpaid traffic citations may lead to license suspension, prosecution involvement, or civil recovery. Now, paying for the traffic ticket used to be a complicated procedure.
Most car owners were clueless about the place where they can pay for the traffic ticket. Again, they did not have any idea of the location of the courts where the trial for their case will be held.
The New Jersey Municipal Court has stepped in to help. They have introduced a portal njmcdirect, for making life more comfortable for drivers to pay for their traffic ticket. Now, there is hardly any need to visit the local court. You can sit in the comfort of your home to check and pay the ticket with the help of a computer or a smartphone.
Well, there is no catch or any hidden fees if you choose the NJMCdirect website to pay, but you will be charged a convenience fee of 3% for the service. And we guess, that’s completely okay since it saves you time by not requiring to approach the court and makes the whole process of paying or accessing the Traffic ticket and Municipal Complaint (Time Payment Order) easy peasy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What tickets can you pay for on NJMCDirect?
A. There are few rules for the ticket penalties you can pay on NJMCDirect which are mentioned below:
- The particular violation you are convicted for needs to have an option to pay without going to the municipal court. Also, make sure that the officer who issued you the ticket didn’t mention that your physical appearance on the court will be mandatory.
- There should be no warrant for your ticket have arrived from the court.
- The ticket is on a time payment order because as per the new update NJMCdirect has started accepting payments on all Municipal Complaint (Time Payment Orders)
Q2. I forget my traffic ticket number.
A. If you don’t remember your traffic ticket number, for that, you can search for the traffic details at NJMCdirect.com. All you will be needed to do is, provide the input for at least one of the following information:
- Your name and driving license number.
- Complaint number.
- Slip number.
After entering the asked detail, you will require to fill the captcha and then hit the search button to initiate the query.
Q3. What to do if I encounter any payment issues on NJMCdirect?
A. It’s likely impossible to stumble across any system errors on NJMCdirect payment sever, but if you ever do, wait for some time and try again. The sever issues will be resolved automatically if it has any; however, if the problem persists, there is a possibility that the issue occurring is at your end. Lastly, make sure that you are initiating the payment in online payment hours only.
Q4. Why is my payment getting canceled?
A. Reportedly, many users have faced this issue due to poor internet connection or browser error. If your payment is getting canceled, check if you are having any connectivity issues due to weak networks. Next, make sure that your bank isn’t getting into your way, making the payment to the NJMCdirect portal.
Q5. My money has got deducted, but it’s not showing on the website.
A. If you got a notification that the amount has been successfully deducted from your bank, but it’s not showing over the NJMCdirect portal, all you can do is wait for the payment to reflect on the traffic ticket paid status. Also, don’t forget to check the refund status. If the payment has processed mistakenly, you will get a refund to your bank account for the same amount within 5 working days.
Q6. What is a Surcharge on a Ticket NJ?
A. A surcharge is a fine or penalty assessed by the New Jersey Surcharge Violation System after the annual evaluation of the drivers having excessive points for traffic violations, including court convictions for traffic offenses. Surcharges are an addition to the traffic ticket fines and court penalties.
By now, you must have realized njmcdirect is the most suitable way to avail information about your traffic ticket. Additionally, you have the convenience of making payments with your preferred paying options within minutes. So, the next time you are caught violating the traffic rules for speeding or parking, you can use njmcdirect for paying the fine without difficulty.
Also, it’s advisable to visit or contact the NJ Municipal court if you find yourself not able to resolve any issue related to your ticket.