In recent times, within a strict time schedule, a rushing car on busy roads is not a big deal anymore. It is unlucky for anyone to get a ticket for this. The busy lanes of a street also often lead individuals to have a parking ticket.
Luckily, if you have never faced a situation similar to this, it is important to know about some of the important facts about these tickets. You need to know that these tickets are generally payable fines.
To litigate these tickets you are supposed to go court and stand in a long queue. This is not only exhaustive; also very much time-consuming. However, you need to know about a better alternative – NJMCDirect. It is an online portal launched by the New Jersey Municipal court to ease this fine payment process. No more repeated visits to courts for silly parking tickets or over speeding tickets.
Steps to be followed for making payments through NJMCDirect
Following are the steps you need to follow:
- Click here to launch the NJMCDirect portal. This is how this portal looks like
- Click “Continue”
- You will be directed to the next page where you will have to put your License plate number, Ticket Number along with Ticket Prefix. You can find a box below them where you will have to write down the violation of rules that occurred by you. You can find it on the ticket as well.
- Just click on the “Continue”
- The next page is all about the payment procedure. Choose your payment method and you are done. Check the backside of your ticket to knowing more about other payment methods.
Why should NJMCDirect be used?
NJMCDirect possesses some pivotal benefits. Take a glance:
- Easy Payment
The conventional method included visiting courts, standing in a long queue and wait for your turn to submit all necessary documents and make payment. However, this portal allows you to make payments quite easily and at the time of your convenience.
- Secure payment
The portal has incorporated state-of-the-art security features. All your personal data gets encrypted thus offering you maximum security. Being a governmental site, you feel it safe as your data are not shared with any third party.
- Suitable time frame
As stated before, this portal lets you pay fines on any day of a week. Within a limited time frame, it offers maximum time for you to easily pay our fine without compromising your busy schedule.
- Lighting fast speed
Making payments through this portal is much faster. It offers a simple UI and a user does not need to be tech-savvy to be able to use this portal. The whole process takes around 5-6 minutes of your time.
- Online payments are much cheaper
Making online payments help you to cut off unnecessary expenses such as your convenience charges.
- Boosts efficiency of the court
The launch of this portal is beneficial for the court to a great extent. This has helped the court to cut off unnecessary expenses. Courts do not have to put additional officials on the charge of this and now it is possible to allocate them for other important mitigations. Thus it has helped to boost the efficiency of the court. The maintenance charge of an online portal is much lower than allocating several officials for mitigating tickets.
- Important features
It is no wonder that you may forget your complaint number or ticket number. Don’t worry; this online portal has got you covered. You can get to know about them by clicking here. However, you are supposed to have one of these 4 information:
- Ticket Number
- Your Full Name
- Complaint Number
- Driving License Number
Simply click on the “search” button to get redirected to the next page and put one of the following information.
1. Is it possible to check previously paid ticket details from this portal?
Ans: Absolutely. You can check previous payments from NJMCDirect. However, all records are available in this portal for around 90 days. Therefore, you are supposed to take a screenshot of that for future use.
2. Does NJMCDirect provide a receipt for payments?
Ans: Yes. You will be provided with an online receipt after your payment is done.
3. Can I access this portal for making payment instantly after getting a ticket?
Ans: No. You need to know that, the ticket details are uploaded within a period of 1-4 days. However, if you do not find ticket details within that time frame, you should consider calling your court.
4. Can I access the site from the windows platform?
Ans: Yes. You can use Chrome or Internet Explorer for accessing this online portal. Internet Explorer v.9.0, v10.0 and v11.0 is most recommended for suitable access.
5. Can I get help from this portal for summon tickets?
Ans: No. In this case, you are supposed to visit the court.